our baby girl

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

trent, emily, & abby grace

Monday, February 15, 2010

grateful

1 of the 52 books i am reading through this year is
the Excellent Wife by Martha Peace.

i read this one a couple years ago but i am definitely in dire need of the refresher!!

i skipped around a little bit and decided to read chap. 14 last week. this chapter basically deals with how to respond biblically to your husband in conflict - especially when you disagree with something.

i realized through my reading that oftentimes i do not act like this 'excellent wife' God calls me to be... i tend to believe i know best, assert (aggressively so) these opinions i have, and take control of situations. instead of allowing trent to lead, i usually don't even give him the option! but i just assume i know best, tell him that's the case, and then pout if he disagrees (hmm... rings a bell from my toddler years... ouch).

oi.

grateful for this book.
super grateful that my husband's loves for me is not based on my works.
super duper grateful that God's love for me is not based on my works.

in Christ alone, my hope is found.


[ in other news... ]
-- tex lost his manhood last week :( poor little guy. he got stitches thursday. pulled them out himself on saturday. that's tex for ya.
&
-- in happier news, 4 snow days within the past 7 days! score!


yes, the road covered in snow is the left lane.

we got stuck in a (small) ditch.
all those years trent drove an off road jeep really paid off!


















this is not a 1 lane road. but super pretty.

backyard... couple inches left over from last week's snow
+ last night's snow.


















grateful to God for many things this Valentine's season!

p.s. to see how the jt & i celebrated vday (early),
please read the "getaway" post :)

2 comments:

  1. amen on all the wife stuff. it's a continual process of learning to let him lead! i find that we experience less conflict if i do...and he generally likes to hear my thoughts if i don't blurt them out first thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! ;) I'm glad you mentioned this book, I have it and need to pull it out again. I hope y'all are doing well!

    ReplyDelete